The property research team at Rightmove have said that if you overprice your property it may take 4 price reductions or 125 days on average to sell (find a buyer).
If you price your property correctly, without any price reductions it will take on average 50 days to sell (find a buyer).
How do you price your home correctly?
- Choose an Estate Agent with experience. Mark Long at Mark David Estate Agents has over 40 years of local knowledge having been born and raised in Oxfordshire.
- The right Estate Agent will look at comparable properties in comparable locations that have sold and have been on the market. They will assess when and how long they were marketed for and inform you of this.
- The Estate Agent that cares about you will ask why you are looking to sell and what time frame you are looking to do this in.
- The Estate Agent will then give you their opinion of what price to market the property at. They will also inform you that when an offer is made on your property, the buyers, buying position and finances, along with your own situation at the time will determine if the offer should be considered or not.
- Again, when pricing your property it is better to have more than one buyer interested than no buyer at all.
If you are thinking of selling and want to have all of Mark’s experience and knowledge at your disposal, please give him or one of his experienced team a call.