Selling or letting your home can be made easier if you listen to the right advice. The presentation of your property is a key factor in getting interest and maximising its value, therefore the points to follow are:
- Declutter your home.
- Make it feel as spacious as possible.
- Start or finish those little jobs that have been on your to-do list in order to help with the presentation and feel of the property.
- For viewings make your home inviting. In the winter have a fire or log burner going, play some soft background music. In the summer have the windows and doors open, bring your garden into the property and vice versa, have fresh flowers on display.
- If your property is empty considering employing a Home Staging team to bring in the appropriate and sympathetic furniture to make your home feel special. Whilst you may consider this to be an expensive cost to begin with, trust me it works and it some cases if staged and marketed correctly it will invite more than one offer.
- Tidy and present these at their best whether it will be spring, summer, autumn or winter. Gardens play an impartial part in the sale or let of any property.
Be prepared to take on the advice given, don’t be offended. The right agent wants you to be able to sell or let your property and at the very best price.